Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Dance Belt

This could be taken more ways than one. Yes, all male dancers are REQUIRED to wear a "dance belt." It is a male version of a sports bra, but that is NOT what this post is about. This Dance Belt was specifically designed for alignment. It is a must for an aspiring dancer. This special belt gives you a visual on the alignment of your hips. Therefore, your placement will be correct throughout dance class, your muscle memory will correctly hold your body and you will prevent future injuries. Alignment is not only essential to the beauty of dance but to fundamentals.

If you are a serious dancer or student, I would highly recommend buying this belt.
They can be found at any Dance Store, or my favorite website...Discount Dance.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Found you thru BlogFrog, my latest obsession ;) I was a dance teacher 20 yrs ago. I took a hiatus when my Hubs' 3 boys moved in w/us. Ha! Didn't realize how hard it was raising a family. Now they're all grown & @ 52, w/a bad back, I'm trying to get back into shape to teach - Last Chance Dance.
    So happy to find you. The dance belt made me giggle. I once had an older man come into class - no belt. I didn't know how to approach this. It was so disarming to see him in the mirror. I finally asked my master teacher to talk to him, but it still took my student a few classes to catch on.
    Happy Easter! Again, I'm thrilled to find a dance blog! You're my Easter gift this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, what a sweet thing to say. Thank you. I am so glad to have a fellow dancer reading my blog. That means a lot to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete