Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Commitment

Here is the scenario: Your daughter comes home from school wanting very much to participate in a dance class. You run down to your local studio to enroll her. You fork out $$ for tuition, shoes, tights, leotards, a dance bag, and all the accessories only to find out that she wants to quit a week later! Let me tell you this happens over and over again. It happened to me as a child. I would cry on the way to dance and beg not to go but my wonderful mother insisted that I follow through with the COMMITMENT that I had made. And I must say, she was RIGHT! I thank her consistently for making me go. I eventually got past the HARD WORK part and really enjoyed the progress I was making. It eventually turned me into a great dancer.

Moral of the story: DON'T GIVE UP! You might have to go kicking and screaming but it will all eventually pay off. Not only will you learn discipline but you will learn how to take constructive criticism and learn how to apply it so you can advance and become the BEST.  Practice makes perfect and it doesn't EVER just happen overnight.

Stick it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment